Polystyrene decorative cornices add a luxury feel to any room and are an excellent tool to help to hide small defects at corners and join materials of different thickness as well as adding architectural interest. Polystyrene cornices are simple to install leaving a modern professional finish to a building or renovation project.
Most of the Upper Edge range of cornices are available in a 3.0 metre length which helps to limit the number of joins needed per room. This saves time on site and helps give a more professional finish.
Polysterene Cornices are:-
- Durable – made of high density moulded polystyrene, these mouldings are extremely durable and will not chip if dropped. Cuts and dents can be filled with utility adhesive reducing waste significantly.
- Resistant to humidity and water making them an excellent choice for bathrooms and humid areas
- Heat resistant – while direct heat placed too close to mouldings can damage them, the larger profiles can be used to conceal low voltage fluorescent lighting with a clearance of approximately 5cm
- Cost effective – Polystyrene moulded cornices are cost effective, more durable and labour saving when compared to other products
Polystyrene cornices have become the preferred alternative to the plaster products which are heavy, can break easily if mishandled, labour intensive to install and of course are not waterproof so will damage if any moisture gets to the products.
The benefits of using polystyrene cornices:
- Easy to install with a cornice adhesive or glue
- Versatile and can be used with most types of ceiling structures
- Lightweight and durable
- Resistant to heat and moisture
Showing 1–6 of 11 results