Donn Exposed Ceiling Grid
DONN Suspended T38 Exposed Ceiling Grid, suitable for lay in ceiling tiles.
The standard face widths of the grid system are 15mm, 25mm and 35mm. Each width has its own preferred application, but no real construction criteria exists for their respective usage i.e. a 15.0mm grid system will accept any lay tile size and a 25 and 35mm grid will do the same.However, some revealed edged tiles will only fit into the narrow grid
(15mm). We therefore recommend, that when specifying revealed edged tiles, that you check the correct grid for the particular tile.
The wide grid (35mm) is also recommended in areas where additional support for the ceiling tile is required e.g. under outside overhangs, or where the nature of the tile makes accurate sizing of the tile difficult to control
DonnCeil ceiling systems should be installed in accordance with recommendations described within this brochure. System performance is based on the use of Donn branded components, any substitution of components will compromise performance and cannot be guaranteed and may result in failure under critical conditions.
Suspended ceilings form part of the decorative finish of a building and the conditions under which Donn systems are installed must take this into account. The ceiling erection should take place at a late stage in the building contract when the area will be clean and there is less likelihood of damage from other trades.
MAXIMUM SPANS OF SUSPENSION ON MAIN TEE
Manufacturers tee shall suspend to maximum of 1200mm.For specialized spans contact the manufacturer for details.
JUNCTION BETWEEN PERIMETER TRIMS AND CEILING GRID
Greater than 400mm an additional suspension point should be added in.
Perimeter trims - standard suspended ceilings: Perimeter trims for suspended ceilings can be the L-shape or the shadow line type (stepped).
Perimeter trims - Flush plaster suspended ceilings galvanized angle or a shadow line type is used to create a shadow line which hides building
imperfections. The perimeter trims are measured as an independent item in bills of quantity, as no two areas will necessarily yield the same usage of
Recommendations for the Suspension of Tee Systems
• Subject to loading detail, suspension should not exceed 1200mm centres.
• The suspension must not be out of plumb (vertical) more than 25mm for each 150mm of plenum depth and in no case should exceed 500mm to a 3000mm depth.
• Whenever above is exceeded and/or when the hanger suspension is more than 2000mm long, then a sub grid is recommended. Should
suspension be vertical, then a 4000mm drop would be acceptable using a hangar strap.
• In no case should suspension be from other services in the ceiling void.
• A hanger suspension point within 400mm from the wall angle or shadow moulding must be installed on main tees & cross tees.
• Two steel pop rivets with a shear strength 3 times that of the maximum allowed ceiling load is to be used.
• When securing wire to tee, it should be wound tightly around itself at least 3 times.
• Should the ceiling mass exceed 20kg/m2, a sub grid is required and a consulting engineer should recommend suitable suspension.
Wire hangers: 2500mm
Hanger strap: 4200mm
25x25mm angle hangers: 3600mm